If you’re ready to boost your skin’s health then targeted treatment serums are worth the “skinvestment.” Light-weight, and packed with a higher concentration of active ingredients, serums work their magic for many skin concerns from anti-aging to acne to dryness. Think of a serum as the secret weapon for treating skin issues like dehydration, discoloration, dullness, fine lines, or acne In fact, they can be so beneficial, some experts say you are doing your skin a disservice if you are not using the right serum. Powerful stuff from one little bottle. So if you’re looking to amp up your skin care routine with a product that offers a bigger, more powerful dose of active ingredients than a cleanser or moisturizer, a face serum may be the answer.
Too Many Benefits to Count
Experts say using a face serum designed for your skin type of condition can have many benefits. Some key ones include:
- Absorbs quickly into the skin. Serums are the lightest of skin care formulations and the thinner viscosity allows them to be absorbed more easily into your skin than a cream, making serums an ideal first step in the layering process.
- Soothes sensitive skin due to the lighter consistency making them ideal for those with acne or oily skin.
- Serums can potentially protect the skin from free radicals and future damage. Serums that include ingredients such as vitamin C, vitamin E, green tea, and resveratrol can protect from UV rays and other pollutants which can lead to premature skin aging and damage.
- Has the potential to provide visible results. The higher the concentration of active ingredients may be more beneficial compared to other types of skin products.
- A little goes a long way. The truth is just a few concentrated drops of a serum are super-efficient. So while they may sometimes be more expensive, they should last a longer time than other products.
- Serums are an anti-aging powerhouse. Studies have shown that using the proper facial serum can show improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin pigmentation, skin firmness and elasticity, skin tone, radiance and color, smoothness and overall appearance.