For the past year, the only feature on our face the world has seen are our eyes. With masks covering the rest of the face, distracting from common eye area problems such as dark circles, puffiness and fine lines and wrinkles has been a little challenging. And since the eyes are the first place to show the signs of aging, they definitely need their own skincare routine.
Aging happens first around the eyes for several reasons. Studies show that fine lines and wrinkles tend to show the most in areas where oil glands are less concentrated, aka the eyes. Plus, did you know we can squint, blink and show facial expressions almost 30,000 times a day? That’s a lot of stress on your peepers. So, whether you’re trying to prevent puffiness and fine lines around the eyes, or looking to turn back the clock a bit, here’s how you get killer eyes mask on or off. Just follow this simple eye care routine, and then give your eyes the attention they deserve with a Glam Eye skincare treatment.
Daily Eye Care Routine for Healthy Eyes
Eye care products are added into your daily skincare routine after your moisturizer and before the final step of applying sunscreen. While adding an eye care product to your skincare routine may seem like an extra step, it’s clear that’s it’s an important one. Look for products that are specifically formulated for the skin around the eyes and address those specific issues. When applying, pat the products onto the skin and don’t be afraid to mix them together or use more than one. Some eye care routine tips include:
- Morning: Use a light-weight lotion that will hydrate while also reducing puffiness. Beneficial ingredients such as sunflower oil will help moisturize while anise oil reduces puffiness and brightening vitamin C and conditioning vitamin E provide antioxidant protection and repair.
- Night: Swap your light weight-lotion for a nutrient-rich cream that includes highly effective anti-aging skincare ingredients such as Argan oil, tripeptide-37, Coenzyme Q-10. When combined with antioxidant-rich super fruits such as goji berry and pomegranate work to hydrate, strengthen and protect the skin, leaving it looking firmer and tighter.
- Anytime: If you are dealing with dark circles, you’ll want to incorporate this eye corrector gel into your eye care routine. Mix it in morning and night with your eye cream or use alone. You’ll love how this light-weight gel almost melts into your skin. Ingredients such as ginkgo to help spark cell turnover and vitamin E for hydration, your eyes have never looked more well-rested.
Go Glam Once a Week
Your eyes deserve the best so once a week give them some extra TLC with the Tuel Glam Eye Treatment. Designed to brighten, lighten and tighten the skin around the eyes, this is how you get your eyes to pop. Performed with our Killer Eye Kit, follow the steps below for instantly fresh and renewed eyes.
- Step One: Start with thoroughly cleansed skin. Use a light exfoliating face wash or washcloth and gently but firmly massage around the eyes. Rinse with water.
- Step Two: Using the tip of your ring finger, layer the Eye Corrector, Fresh Eyes, then Eye Revive to the entire eye area.
- Step Three: Massage the area for a few minutes in a circular motion, starting at the inner corner of the eye, moving to the outer corner, above eyebrows and back around. Say any last words to tired-looking eyes.
- Step Four: Cover eyes with cotton pads soaked in hot water or Tea Eye Soak*. Lay back and relax for five minutes.
- Step Five: Rinse thoroughly and add another layer of Eye Corrector, Fresh Eyes and Eye Revive. Perform weekly to maintain killer results.
- Tea Eye Soak Instructions: Take 1 cup of water, 1 tea bag (black tea preferred), and soak until strong. Store in the fridge, in a clean covered container to reheat and reuse.