Fact: Essential oils are pure nutrition for your skin. But we’re not talking about any essential oil—to really get your skin glowing you need an essential oil blend customized for skin type and condition. Want to know more? Check out our guide to using the right essential oils for your skin.
Start with Basics
Understanding essential oils (there’s a difference between those developed specifically for the skin and other essential oils) and their benefits is a good place to start if you are thinking about incorporating them into your skincare routine. Plant extracts, essential oils are made by steaming or pressing various parts of the plant including barks, leaves and flowers to naturally capture the healing properties. Truly vitamins for the skin, you’ll find a well-formulated essential oil is actually a blend—precise combinations developed to effectively treat a variety of skin types and conditions. More powerful and made with active botanicals, Tuel Essential Oils are highly concentrated extracts and are about 10% stronger than what you’ll find with other essential oils.
Essential Oils for Every Type of Skin
Formulated and designed for all skin types, Tuel essential oils all start with a grapeseed or jojoba oil base, with specific, all-natural ingredients added in to benefit skin type and conditions. Basically, nutrition for your skin, essential oils absorb right in and are best when used as part of your nighttime skincare routine. Apply before your moisturizer by adding 5-7 drops to moist hands, rub together and smooth onto your face and neck avoiding the eye area. Let’s take a look at the right customized blend for skin type and condition.
- Combination/Oily: Balanced Essential Oil Blend: This balancing blend of lemongrass, bergamot and cypress deliver a concentrated dose of vitamins and nutrients that helps control excess sebum, refine enlarged pores, kill bacteria. and boost regeneration. While it may seem counterproductive to add oil to oily skin, the right treatment such as Balanced Essential Oil Blend, will actually help heal and prevent breakouts.
- Acne-Prone: Detox Essential Oil Blend: This clearing blend of bergamot, cedarwood and palmarosa all work to maintain oil levels and deliver a concentrated dose of vitamins and nutrients that help heal and prevent breakouts, while minimizing the appearance of scarring and calm inflamed spots.
- Dry: Moisture Essential Oil Blend: Designed to soothe, soften and improve skin texture, this nourishing blend of rosemary, bergamot mint and geranium delivers a concentrated dose of vitamins and nutrients that boost hydration, kick-start repair, improve circulation and boost natural oil production.
- Mature: Rescue Essential Oil Blend: This antioxidant-rich blend starts with jojoba oil base and blend of cypress, vetiver and carrot seed delivers a concentrated dose of vitamins and nutrients that help stimulate regeneration, visibly reduce age spots and give skin a firmer look.
- Reactive or Sensitive: Calm Essential Oil Blend: This soothing blend of lavender, roman chamomile and geranium delivers a concentrated dose of vitamins and nutrients that help reduce inflammation, strengthen your skin’s natural defenses and promote healing.